The Community feed is where you can see gifting activity in the Bitmo community. When you send a gift, you can select your privacy setting for where your gift message will or will not be shared. Make sure your app is updated to the newest version for our latest privacy controls.
What each privacy setting means:
- Public: The gift message and brand will be shared on the Bitmo public feed and anyone on the app will be able to see it.
- Friends only: The gift message and brand will only be shared with your Bitmo friends and with the recipient’s Bitmo friends.
- Private: The gift message and brand will only be displayed in your private feed, and the private feed of the recipient.
- You can set the privacy setting on an individual gift purchase when creating the gift message before checkout.
- All of your gift purchases, regardless of privacy setting, will still be visible in your private Bitmo feed.
- Regardless of privacy settings, the dollar amount will only be shared with the recipient of your gift and never displayed in the Community feed..
Liking a post
You can like a gift post by tapping the heart icon in the feed below the post. This will notify the user that you liked their gift post and your profile picture may be displayed next to the heart icon. If you un-like the post, they will not be notified.