Here are a few common reasons you may have trouble linking a bank account using Plaid.
- Plaid does not support your bank, or the type of bank account
- Your bank does not support this type of authorization for your account
- The bank account balance is insufficient, or the account has any restrictions (ie. temporary freeze)
If this is the case, please try another bank account. If you’re having any trouble with this, the best thing to do will be to reach out to your bank. Some other issues may be:
- You're trying to re-add a bank account within a 30 day period
- Your bank account is already linked to a Bitmo account
Bitmo uses Plaid to verify your bank account information. If your bank is eligible for this type of verification, you will be prompted to add your online banking username and password (or other identifying information) after you have selected your bank. Plaid is the leading financial services provider used by Venmo, Coinbase, Acorns, and American Express, to provide bank authentication for linked accounts.