There are several reasons your payment may have been declined. Please read the following scenarios and tips for resolving the issue.
- Your bank account information is incorrect or has changed since you first added it. Add or change your payment method before sending a new gift.
- You have insufficient funds in your account. Add additional funds to your account before sending a new gift.
- You have exceeded the monthly withdrawal limit on your savings account. Contact your bank to learn more about your account terms and limits.
- Your bank account is closed or in a status other than "active." Contact your bank to inquire about the status of your account.
- You have not selected a personal checking or savings account as your payment method. Bitmo is unable to debit other deposit accounts such as money markets or CDs. Add or change your payment method before sending a new gift.
In most cases, you'll need to add or change your payment method to resolve the issue or pay your outstanding balance. To do this, tap Account from the menu at the bottom of the app then tap Payment Methods.
If you're still having trouble sending a gift due to a declined payment, please submit a request below.