Before sending a gift, you must choose a payment method. Bitmo currently accepts PayPal and personal bank accounts as valid payment methods.
How to add a bank account
- Tap Account from the menu at the bottom of the app
- Tap Payment Methods
- Search for your bank*
- Log in using your online banking credentials**
*If your search returns no results, be sure you are typing the full name instead of the acronym (e.g. search "San Diego County Credit Union" instead of SDCCU).
**To log in, enter your username and password the same way you would on your bank’s website or app. Keep in mind your bank may require multi-factor authentication through the use of a PIN, security question, or unique code. Be sure to follow all prompts to complete the verification process. If you have trouble logging in, contact your bank to reset your login credentials.
How to use PayPal
- Select your gift and tap Next to get to checkout
- Tap Select Payment Method and select PayPal
- Log in to PayPal using your online account credentials*
- Select your method of payment within PayPal
- Follow the prompts to complete your order
*If you have trouble logging in, contact PayPal to reset your login credentials.